Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 932027 snowblower won't drive when cold

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mtbmike

Ariens 932027 snowblower won't drive when cold
Original Message   Jan 19, 2009 7:04 pm
HI! new to the forum, looks like lots of great reading here, glad to have found it.

wonder if I could get some advice on my Ariens 7hp, ST724, model# is 932027

problem started as wouldn't disengage drive when i pulled in the clutch, continued
to chug forward, wheels were locked when i dragged it backwards.

did some maintenance. Replaced the drive belt, the friction wheel looked pretty good
to me, still plenty of rubber on it.

problem remained, and now for the past 2 uses, it hasn't wanted to drive forward or
reverse at all when cold (stored in unheated garage). VERY hard to shift to any gear,
pretty much had to force it. Pushed it forward, within a minute or 2 it was driving itself,
although i *think* top speed was less that it used to be (could be wrong here..)

do i have a friction wheel problem, or possible some sort of contamination on the
friction plate? any ideas would be much appreciated

thanks!
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42