Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Anyone add a remote hood to their chute? Ariens 8hp

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Justsomeguy

Anyone add a remote hood to their chute? Ariens 8hp
Original Message   Jan 16, 2009 4:47 pm
So I have a new Ariens, the chute swings 200 degrees pretty swiftly, though I wish the handle was behind the handlebars....And I wish it had a remote hood to change the distance the snow is thrown.
Has anyone modified their blower like this? Ariens simply said 'not an option on yours' which I new since it lacked mounting points etc etc. 
They never replied to my inquiry about simply buying the hardware from a higher model and I would then mount some tabs myself...
On a machine this size its a shame, since reaching the chute is kinda hard over the bars, and well when your blowin' you dont want to step in the snow to get around to it....
If I wanted remote Chute I would have had to get one size bigger machine, spend a few hundred more etc etc...
Anyone play around with a mod like this?
Tony

PS I saw a $1500 Toro with a 'joystick' that controlled both motions with one joystick-like handle, pretty trick!
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42