Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity 38" blower, reduce catching of the guides?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Muskokaphotog

Simplicity 38" blower, reduce catching of the guides?
Original Message   Jan 8, 2009 12:15 pm
My 38" Simplicity pulls with every little piece of gravel or ice. I've tried adjusting the height and angle of the side guides, but it only slightly improved the situation. Also the chute pick up, where it skims the surface of the snow is angled so that it catches too and digs in without skimming. What can I do! It's like riding a bull. (I think).
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Muskokaphotog

Re: Simplicity 38" blower, reduce catching of the guides?
Reply #2   Jan 8, 2009 12:27 pm
Sorry, the riding part may have made it sound like a riding blower, but this is a walk behind. Better analogy would be like old fashioned hand plowing behind a horse.
borat

Re: Simplicity 38" blower, reduce catching of the guides?
Reply #3   Jan 8, 2009 1:14 pm
Your skids aren't providing enough flotation. 

Go to a scrap yard and get a piece of 1"x14" x 1/4" steel flat bar (stainless would be best), cut the flat bar in half, bend the ends up slightly (to make a ski)  on each piece.  If you don't weld, take the skids and pieces of flat bar to a welder and have them weld the flat bar to the bottom of the stock skids ensure the that the flat bar is just shy of being flush with the mounting surface of the skid.  That way, you can retain the ability to adjust the skids without interfering with the side of the intake housing.  It will work great on gravel.  

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42