Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Simplicity Signature Pro- worklight

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pgill

Simplicity Signature Pro- worklight
Original Message   Jan 8, 2009 9:46 am
When I first got my new 28" Simplicity pro I thought I was going to change the work light, it didn't look big enough to work real well.  Surprisingly to me it is nice and bright, I even like the amber lens.  However, using in the dark for the first time last night I did run to one thing I didn't care for much.  Light goes very dim, almost out, when you use the electric chute rotation motor.  The electric motor draws to much power to keep the light bright. 

Snowmobiles tend to run into a simular issue.  The headlights are nice and bright while the sled is going along.  As soon as you let off the gas, the RPM's go down, and you hit the brakes the lights go dim.  The brake lights coming on rob the power from the head lights.  The solution for many sleds is to swap out the bulbs in the brake lights, and sometimes the headlights as well for LED's.  Works great.

Anyone try swapping out the bulb in the work light on a Simplicity (or perhaps other snowblower with this issue) for an LED?  Curious if anyone has tried what LED they used and how it worked out?

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
borat

Re: Simplicity Signature Pro- worklight
Reply #1   Jan 8, 2009 9:57 am
Another solutuion would be to mount a small twelve volt battery between the power supply and the light.
Tubby

Reply #2   Jan 8, 2009 10:33 am
I really don't think it is a problem that needs solving...
pgill

Reply #3   Jan 8, 2009 12:59 pm
Tubby wrote:
I really don't think it is a problem that needs solving...

Perhaps it isn't any real concern.  However, if a few bucks for an LED fixes it, then why not.  I find it annoying more than a functionality issue.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42