Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Looking for exploded diagram for a Honda Single stage HS-520AS Snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Underdog

Looking for exploded diagram for a Honda Single stage HS-520AS Snowblower
Original Message   Jan 6, 2009 10:04 pm
I  have been reassembling a Honda HS-520AS from six boxes of parts.  I have it pretty much assembled now and it even blows snow. My problem is that I have an extra bolt that appears to be an important or at least significant one.  I think that the bolt belongs in a hole inside the belt drive assembly.  I downloaded the owner's manual to no avail.  Does anyone know where I can find a schematic or exploded diagram the would allow me to track down the correct installation of this remaining part. 

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Jim_O

Re: Looking for exploded diagram for a Honda Single stage HS-520AS Snowblower
Reply #1   Jan 6, 2009 11:31 pm
Underdog   It certainly looks like it goes in that hole just to the left of the middle pulley. It even has the mark of the wide flange of the bolt you picture.  Are you missing the threaded nut on the other side of the plate?  I  found a site that has online diagrams of Honda equipment.    I think it has your model and lists a VIN number range:  Honda Power Equipment : HS520 AS SNOW BLOWER, USA, VIN# SZBG-6000001 TO SZBG-6099999.  It is: superxpower.com.  On the home page click Honda Parts on the left side, then click Honda Power Equipment Parts Lookup and then use the pull down menus for SNOW BLOWER  and then select your model.  The diagram I think you are looking for is found on the pull down menu on the right under Drive Pulley.  It is hard to tell but item #15 may be the bolt you have and #17 may be the corresponding nut.  It really is a shame they don't drawn the lines to connect all the parts as they fit together.  I hope this helps you.  Sorry for being so long winded but I would rather give too much information than leave something out.
Underdog

Re: Looking for exploded diagram for a Honda Single stage HS-520AS Snowblower
Reply #2   Jan 7, 2009 10:55 am
Jim_O wrote:
.  I hope this helps you.  Sorry for being so long winded but I would rather give too much information than leave something out.

Jim, this was great.  I found the bolt's location. It holds the gas tank in place.  I ran the snowblower in the inch of frozen rain and sleet this a.m.  I am  more of a 2 stage snowblowing person but this single stage blower works very well.  And it's fun.  Thanks again, you saved me.  

PS. the hole near the belt and pulley is apparently for attaching the "BRACKET, BELT COVER STAY"  (Honda Code 6277792). I guess I look for that part in one of the boxes and see if its important.

This message was modified Jan 7, 2009 by Underdog

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42