Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > NEW HONDA 1132TAS engine/carb problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
zekeman

NEW HONDA 1132TAS engine/carb problem
Original Message   Dec 30, 2008 4:55 am
Just picked up a new Honda 1132 TAS and I am having a problem with the carb/engine. It seems as though there is only a slight defference between the slow throttle setting and the fast setting. I took the carb cover off and the throttle linkage is moving fine although it will not stay in the upper most fast setting unless I hold it there with the throttle lever so I adjusted(tightened) the locknut on the throttle lever and that seemed to help alot to hold it at fast idle BUT the locknut will keep loosening up as you use the throttle from slow to fast...Also the fast idle surges up and down and as I mentioned the slow and fast difference is not that great, example: As I move the throttle lever slowly from slow to fast there is no noticeable difference(no variable speed of the engine) until I get to fast and even that seems just a bit more than slow, I think possibly the slow idle setting is set too high..This is too bad especially on a new HONDA 3000.00 machine. Anyone have any thoughts?.. I also should mention that I still own my HS828 tracked Honda and the throttle control on that works like a charm from really low to high and anywhere in between.
Replies: 21 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
mech12

Re: NEW HONDA 1132TAS engine/carb problem
Reply #21   Jan 2, 2009 3:20 pm
  borat,  where do you draw the line? we are an authorized dealer for honda, toro lawnboy, murray, tec, briggs,robin subaru, kohler, dr.products, strikemaster,homelite,poulan, ryobi, mtd, swisher,bluebird, ryan, maxim,  kawasaki,      sure there are many scenarios.we service14 stores all service work is done thru this facility. we have 2 trucks able to do pickups and deliveries.  if the shop he purchasedthe unit from was reputable in anyway the would drive the 100 milesto pick the unit up.   with toro, the will cover all expenses incurred to get there equipment up and running and back to the customer.  what is your response to bringing your vehicle in with parts in a bag.  same exact thing.  too many people think that a small is just a toy and anyone can fix them.   not so.  i have customers call me in person and i will try and talk them thru different possiblities.  maybe this is what should have been done. and yes being they talked with me i would cover if needed.
borat

Re: NEW HONDA 1132TAS engine/carb problem
Reply #22   Jan 2, 2009 5:22 pm
mech12 wrote:
  borat,  where do you draw the line? we are an authorized dealer for honda, toro lawnboy, murray, tec, briggs,robin subaru, kohler, dr.products, strikemaster,homelite,poulan, ryobi, mtd, swisher,bluebird, ryan, maxim,  kawasaki,      sure there are many scenarios.we service14 stores all service work is done thru this facility. we have 2 trucks able to do pickups and deliveries.  if the shop he purchasedthe unit from was reputable in anyway the would drive the 100 milesto pick the unit up.   with toro, the will cover all expenses incurred to get there equipment up and running and back to the customer.  what is your response to bringing your vehicle in with parts in a bag.  same exact thing.  too many people think that a small is just a toy and anyone can fix them.   not so.  i have customers call me in person and i will try and talk them thru different possiblities.  maybe this is what should have been done. and yes being they talked with me i would cover if needed.

Comparing a snow thrower to a modern automobile is like comparing scratching your a$$ and tearing it.    Automobiles are so complicated now that the average mechanic can't do anything with it if he's not  in direct access to a computer.  I'm not aware of too many snow throwers that have a computer port to plug into to diagnose a problem.  So flogging that excuse is pretty lame.  Many people are capable of dealing with  minor maintenance issues.  Cleaning a brand new carb with manufacturing debris in it for example isn't rocket science.  However, if that same carburetor has a known factory defect, the customer tries a fix and it fails, he pulls it apart again to look for more possible causes and doesn't bother to re-assemble the it, you throw the book at him when he brings it in to you?  You must have a very busy operation with lots of customers to chose to alienate individuals for petty stuff like that.    Don't you think a discussion with the individual and a bit of guidance to deal with potential  future issues would have been sufficient?      
Replies: 21 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42