Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 824 engine question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dok545

Ariens 824 engine question
Original Message   Dec 23, 2008 2:37 pm
I own a Ariens 824 model 932101. It has a Tecumseh 8 horse engine.  On the throttle it has a rabbit for high speed and a turtle for low. When I put the throttle at the low speed setting it shuts off. It runs fine at high or mid throttle. Is this normal or should it Idle at the lowest or turtle setting? Thanks, Glen from Minnesota   By the way, it's done this since new.
Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
dok545

Re: Ariens 824 engine question
Reply #6   Dec 23, 2008 5:31 pm
Thanks for the reply. If that's the case then everything is normal. Good to know. By the way, been getting snow every other day up here in Minnesota. Blower's been getting a work out this year. Snowed last night and another storm predicted tomorrow. Been having sub zero temps regularly also. Merry Christmas everyone!  Glen
borat

Reply #7   Dec 23, 2008 5:57 pm
Try putting on a "longer" turtle sticker on the  engine. 

We're getting a good dump up here on the north west shore of Lake Superior.  Looks like at least five inches out on the driveway now and it's not done.  Does anyone here look at the radar maps on their local weather  web sites?  I look at mine regularly (it's in my favourites).   It's pretty accurate.    It's animated so you can see the storm moving on the screen.  You can see how much of the system has passed and how much more to come.  Neat stuff.   

borat

Reply #8   Dec 23, 2008 5:57 pm
Try putting on a "longer" turtle sticker on the  engine.  

We're getting a good dump up here on the north west shore of Lake Superior.  Looks like at least five inches out on the driveway now and it's not done.  Does anyone here look at the radar maps on their local weather  web sites?  I look at mine regularly (it's in my favourites).   It's pretty accurate.    It's animated so you can see the storm moving on the screen.  You can see how much of the system has passed and how much more to come.  Neat stuff.   

borat

Reply #9   Dec 23, 2008 5:57 pm
Try putting on a "longer" turtle sticker on the  engine, or just stretch the existing turtle's neck out a bit.   

This message was modified Dec 23, 2008 by borat
Replies: 6 - 9 of 9Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42