Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Oil poured directly Into snowblower gas tank

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
peteorman

Oil poured directly Into snowblower gas tank
Original Message   Dec 19, 2008 5:10 pm
My son mistakenly mixed the oil and gas for my toro right in the snowblower.  The ratio of oil to gas is probable 20:1 instead of 32:1 as reccomended.  Now we can't get it started.  Is the fact that the oil was put right into the gas tank and not mixed outside of the snowblower the reason it won't start.  if so what do I do?
This message was modified Dec 19, 2008 by peteorman
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
mkd55

Re: Oil poured directly Into snowblower gas tank
Reply #1   Dec 19, 2008 5:54 pm
dump it out and start over with good 32/1 oil.if it wont start clean and dry the spark plug till it does. once going if it runs rough replace the plug with a new one.it might be oil fouled. he could have run stright gas through it ,you were lucky!
borat

Reply #2   Dec 19, 2008 6:37 pm
Being very familiar with two strokes, a 20:1 mix vs. a 32:1 is of no consequence.  Not in the short run.   The machine might smoke a bit more than normal but certainly would not have an effect on starting the engine.  I would suspect the problem is that straight oil has entered the fuel line to the carb.  I'd pull the fuel line from the carb & drain off a couple oz.   Then drain the carb.  It probably has too much oil in the float bowl.  Put everything back together, pull the spark plug and heat it with a torch.  Put it back into the engine while warm and fire the machine up.   Add a couple oz. of straight gasoline into the tank and all should be well. 
friiy

Reply #3   Dec 19, 2008 7:07 pm
What Borat said....

Friiy

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42