Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Got Snow??

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
borat

Got Snow??
Original Message   Dec 15, 2008 6:42 pm
We got a pretty good hammering over the last 36 hours.  Looks like about fifteen to eighteen inches of fine windblow, fairly heavy snow in the driveway.  This is a picture of the steps to the house that I took this morning:

This message was modified Dec 15, 2008 by borat
Replies: 1 - 10 of 17NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
friiy

Re: Got Snow??
Reply #1   Dec 15, 2008 8:13 pm
Hey Borat,

Snowed in Las Vegas too,  all day long... maybe up to 2.5 inches.   May be I should buy a thrower...

Hahaha

Friiy

goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Reply #2   Dec 15, 2008 9:16 pm
No snow here, not a speck.. Pretty warm today actually, think the weather was holding off for me to get my snow cab.  One more day now and all I will say then, is bring it!

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
pvrp

Reply #3   Dec 15, 2008 10:09 pm
borat wrote:
(This is a picture of the steps to the house that I took this morning:)

Too bad your blower doesn't do steps !

Paul
nibbler

Reply #4   Dec 16, 2008 8:35 am
I was in mid southern Ontario last weekend for an electrical inspection. Friday night it was -22C ( 20F) with about 2/3M ( 25") of snow. I'm now close to Toronto, its about -5C ( 29F) and I see mostly grass. It was about +8C (36F) on Monday. The weather is really weird.
Clay

Reply #5   Dec 16, 2008 5:29 pm
Now that is a snow fall.  Cool, you were able to play with your toys.  You might as well try and enjoy it, because it isn't good between your ears if you try to fight something that you can't change anyhow.  Get the blower out, with your nice deluxe snow cab enclosure and go enjoy yourself.  Maybe even help out a neighbor or two.  Maybe some young mother will come to the door in her nighty to thank you for all of your help.  Well a guy can dream can't he????

Rick

borat

Reply #6   Dec 16, 2008 7:05 pm
Yeah.  I was out with the snow thrower dark and early.   The snow was letting up but the wind was pretty fierce.   Conditions like that make the cab a welcome piece.   It's all cleaned up and ready for the next blast. 
goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Reply #7   Dec 17, 2008 9:24 pm
Getting some snow right now, I knew it was waiting for my cab to be installed.. LoL.  I hope its enough to blow tho as its only calling for 10cm right now and rain tomorrow. :(  I have seen these reports many time tho be totally wrong and the rain end up being snow and getting 40+ cm.  There is a winter weather warning in effect, wing up to 40km hr and 10 cm calls for this I guess.  looks to be pretty mild right now, fingers cross for more tho :)  haha

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
pvrp

Reply #8   Dec 17, 2008 10:06 pm
We must be the only fools in the world that look forward to a storm and enjoy
clearing the snow afterwards.  I got to blow about 8" this afternoon, nice pure
white light snow.  No wind, just a bit below freezing.

Paul
goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Reply #9   Dec 18, 2008 12:01 pm
pvrp wrote:
We must be the only fools in the world that look forward to a storm and enjoy
clearing the snow afterwards.  I got to blow about 8" this afternoon, nice pure
white light snow.  No wind, just a bit below freezing.

Paul

lol, yes I am sure we are a rare breed.  I never got enough to blow, little at the end of the driveway. Probably go out and run it for kicks.  This winter is such a downer so far, wheres the snow? haha..

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
borat

Reply #10   Dec 18, 2008 12:27 pm
I have a 110' by 20'  driveway with a 35' x 35' turn around area at the top.  The driveway has a ten to one grade so I pretty much have to keep it clean.   What I don't like is the p!ssy ass one to two inch sprinklings we often get which I do with a shovel.   And it looks like we're getting one now.  I'd rather have a foot of snow than two inches. 
Replies: 1 - 10 of 17NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42