Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > wheel removel

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
srvblues

wheel removel
Original Message   Dec 8, 2008 6:07 pm
how do remove the wheel off a ariens model 932
Replies: 5 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
srvblues

Re: wheel removel
Reply #5   Dec 8, 2008 10:43 pm
Thanks paul I'll try the heat tomorrow .It seams like if i do get the wheel off the shaft it may not go back on that easy . When you take the bolt out of the hub the line up of the holes on the shaft and hub are  so clean ..You have to wonder if the repair shops have some sort of tool like a gear puller to remove the wheel from the shaft .
borat

Reply #6   Dec 9, 2008 9:18 am
No puller required.  If the wheel isn't rusted onto the axle, it normally slides right off.    Sounds like you have "rusty axle" syndrome. 
goofienewfie

Ariens 1130DLE

Reply #7   Dec 9, 2008 1:56 pm
I feel your pain. Damn wheels, anybody reading that has a new machine. Grease em, you won't regret it. Srv, you are right about my model being different. But if you have the bolt out then the same tactic will be require to get that wheel off. So all recommendations are in that post. I can certainly feel your pain on it, as its really fustrating. For me, I am unsure if PB blaster helped that much. If it wasn't for the other wheel coming off, I think I would have given up and brought it to the dealer. I poured that much PB blaster down from every angle possible, heated and unheated. It never moved. I also heated the wheel up enough to burn the paint right off and it still never moved. My advice is to read my post to get the suggestions, like making sure the axle has a wet rag, etc...  But mostly do not focus on just one wheel. I did this and would have saved time if working on both at the same time. Make sure to keep at both, if you can get one off you should be good to remove the other with removing the axle.

Good luck, its not fun, but it must be done.

Cheers
Goofie Newfie
Replies: 5 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42