Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ARIENS 924DLE vs. ARIENS 927LE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ALIFREDO

ARIENS 924DLE vs. ARIENS 927LE
Original Message   Oct 30, 2008 2:40 pm
I've got a flat driveway that's approx 75' in length. Do I really need the automnatic traction control on the 924DLE or is the Fingerttip Remote Lock/Unlokck on the 927LE adequate? How about for a woman to operate? Manay thanks!
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
borat

Re: ARIENS 924DLE vs. ARIENS 927LE
Reply #11   Nov 11, 2008 5:18 pm
coasteray wrote:
Borat, I've been wondering about your Simplicity.  As you keep moving along forward, can you squeeze your trigger and instantly go into the one-wheel operation (unlike the Ariens 927LE, where you apparently have to stop before squeezing the lever to re-position the blower, then squeeze again to re-engage both wheels to move again--info is from their manual)?  If you CAN keep moving while using the trigger, then I assume left-turning is fairly simple, but is it difficult to keep it going straight with only one wheel, and then what about turning right?  Wouldn't that be sort of hard with the right wheel going full speed?

The wheel release mechanism is a cogged coupler.  When engaged, the cogs are coupled together.  Like splaying your fingers on each hand then putting your fingers together, end to end.  While under load, it is difficult to disengage the cogs.  Therefore, it is not recommended to release/engage the wheel while under load.  The strain on the cable will cause problems sooner or later.  I have however done it although not purposely.  It will disengage under load but reluctantly.  The best method is to stop the machine, disengage/engage the wheel and continue with the job. 
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42