Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > snow throwing distance??need help...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikiewest

snow throwing distance??need help...
Original Message   Oct 3, 2008 10:56 pm
Which snowthrower has the best snow throwing distance be it wet,2 inches or 5 inches??need to toss the snow long distances....
Replies: 8 - 17 of 26Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DSIMONE1

Re: snow throwing distance??need help...
Reply #8   Nov 2, 2008 10:24 am
I can only say from my own experience of owning several different machines that the John Deere TRS32 I now have will blow the house away if you get too close! This machine has no mercy when it comes to snowblowing. It handles the wet snow with ease just as well as the dry powdery snow that the fellow here in the pictures is showing. Pretty much any snowblower will blow the powdery stuff  over the roof tops. It's that WET snow that separates the real machines from the want-a bees!
borat

Reply #9   Nov 2, 2008 1:35 pm
DSIMONE1 wrote:
I can only say from my own experience of owning several different machines that the John Deere TRS32 I now have will blow the house away if you get too close! This machine has no mercy when it comes to snowblowing. It handles the wet snow with ease just as well as the dry powdery snow that the fellow here in the pictures is showing. Pretty much any snowblower will blow the powdery stuff  over the roof tops. It's that WET snow that separates the real machines from the want-a bees!

You might be surprised to learn that your "JD"  is a Simplicty or possibly an Ariens with a different paint job. 
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #10   Nov 11, 2008 5:21 pm
borat wrote:
I have a 9528 Simplicity which hurls snow much further than my other machines ever did.  Not only can it throw it far, it will efficiently and quickly move an enormous amount of it as well.  Here's a couple pics  of it in action with average snow. 

Borat:  Love your pictures.  Fantastic.

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #11   Nov 11, 2008 5:25 pm
borat wrote:
You might be surprised to learn that your "JD"  is a Simplicty or possibly an Ariens with a different paint job. 

DSIMONE1 and Borat:  I was told by a guy who works on snow blowers and other equipment that John Deere snow blowers around the year 2000 (plus or minus) were built by Ariens.  They have been built by other companies, also, but some of them are indeed Ariens.  Don't know about the TRS32, though. 

El Toro! 1028 LXE - Tecumseh 358cc 10hp   Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!
coasteray

El Toro! 1028 LXE
Tecumseh 358cc
10hp

Reply #12   Nov 11, 2008 5:31 pm
Snowmann wrote:
The Ariens machines are tops in throwing distance. The dual belt 14" impeller drive and high trajectory chute are tough to beat.

Snowmann:  How long has Ariens been using the dual belts for the auger drive?  Any particular models within recent years, or the whole line?  Thanks.
This message was modified Nov 11, 2008 by coasteray

borat

Reply #13   Nov 11, 2008 5:31 pm
Thanks for the compliment on the pics.  They're actually screen shots from a video I took with a Fuji S800 digital camera.  It's not a video camera but the video quality sure impresses me. 
steelers

Reply #14   Nov 11, 2008 7:49 pm
trouts2 wrote:
   If you want to buck snow then go for a limited intake width and more horsepower.  Ariens makes an 11.5 horsepower with a 24 inch intake width with an aluminum gearcase so not very expensive. 

I don't see a 11.5 horse with a 24 inch intake width on Ariens site. Anyone know the model number on this?

Thanks
Adam
steelers

Reply #15   Nov 11, 2008 7:58 pm
borat, love the pics too.

How does the 9528 throw against the wind? I'll have to fight the wind about every time out to avoid the neighbor's driveway. I'm looking at the Simplicity 1428 (Toro and Ariens too)

I think the 9528 you have is now the 1428 to account for the Briggs torque rating.

Thanks
Adam
borat

Reply #16   Nov 11, 2008 8:46 pm
It will throw more  snow into the wind than your face can handle.  Doesn't really matter what machine you're using.  Snow is snow and wind is wind.  When I have to move snow into the wind, I lower the deflector as low as possible but still able put the snow where I want it.   Light snow in wind is particularly bad.  Wet snow is nowhere near as difficult to work with in the wind but it brings it's own limitations to the job.   
Snowmann

Reply #17   Nov 11, 2008 10:03 pm
coasteray wrote:
Snowmann:  How long has Ariens been using the dual belts for the auger drive?  Any particular models within recent years, or the whole line?  Thanks.

All 921,XXX and 926,XXX models built in the last 2 seasons.
Replies: 8 - 17 of 26Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42