Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > info on this craftman snow throwers for my stepdad pls

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stephzx11

info on this craftman snow throwers for my stepdad pls
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 6:20 pm
i dont know if its a newmodel or not but if somebody know if its good or not les me know please

CRAFTSMAN(TM/MC)

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B001GU3BRW/183-6209785-9166968?ie=UTF8&n=398522011&ref%5F=sc%5Fiw%5Fc%5F0%5F0%5F398522011&lang=en&searsBrand=core&mqnodeid=398522011

• Briggs & Stratton OHV Snow Series engine
  • 6 forward/2 reverse speeds
  • Kevlar®-reinforced drive belt
  • 12" serrated auger cuts through snow and ice
  • 180º-rotating steel chute with crank control
  • rugged mid-frame design
  • 16" V-tread tires provide excellent traction
  • yard light
  • electric starter for cold-weather start-ups
    Kevlar® is a DuPont registered Trademark.
  • 15.5 torque power
  • This message was modified Oct 25, 2008 by stephzx11
    Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
    borat

Re: info on this craftman snow throwers for my stepdad pls
    Reply #1   Oct 26, 2008 10:56 am
    I owned two Craftsman snow throwers over the last twenty years or so.  They saw lots of heavy service and held up well for about eight years then began to become troublesome.  They're not bad machines.  However, depending on how much you're shelling out, you might be able to buy a Simplicity/Snapper, Ariens, or maybe even a Honda for close to the same money.  It's all about value.  Despite the fact that the Craftsman machines I had held up fairly well, each one was pretty much shot after ten years of use.  That's with good maintenance.  Over time, they get  loose and are hard to keep together.   The Simplicity I bought last year is built like a tank compared to the Craftsman machines (and most others) I looked at.   It's so rugged, I'm certain that with the same maintenance, it will last twice as long as the old Craftsman machines.   If you're getting the Craftsman machine for a bargain price, go for it.  If you're spending over $1000.00, I'd be looking hard at a higher end brand.  Even if it costs you two or three hundred more, it will be worth it if the machine lasts twice as long.   If you decide to go for a higher end brand, be careful in your selection.  I've notice that certain brand models  carried by Home Depot, don't appear to be the same build quality as different models carried in outdoor power equipment shops.   There's a reason HD sells Toros and Ariens models for several hundred less than a OPE shop.   It's not the same grade of machine.   Another thing to consider as well, is service.  If your stepdad is not mechanically inclined, HD and Sears are among the worst places in the world to deal with if he has a problem.   So, bottom line is make sure you're comparing apples to apples.  Look for high grade components and build quality.  One of the easily recognizable things that tells me a lot about the quality of the machine, is the thickness of the steel used in construction.    Thicker gauge steel usually indicates stronger construction.  Not saying that it's everything but it's generally a good indicator.    
    snowblowerguy

Re: info on this craftman snow throwers for my stepdad pls
    Reply #2   Oct 31, 2008 10:04 pm
    get an ARIENS they are worth the money
    Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
    Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
    AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
    Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
    Site by Take 42