Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere L100

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
KS5212

John Deere L100
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 4:18 pm
Ok, 

I'm having problems with my JD L100.  I have checked and I have fire at the plug, then I moved to the fuel system.  I have changed the filter and noticed no fuel in the lines.  Listen, I have the line coming from the tank into a plastic circular rig or pump(??).  From this point, the fuel lines exit to each of the cylinders.  I do not have a manual for this machine.  Can someone tell me what is this thing called that has all the fuel line attached to it?  Is this a pump or just a manifold?

Kkey

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
stephzx11

Re: John Deere L100
Reply #1   Oct 25, 2008 4:28 pm
hope it can help i have not read all of it

http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMGX22058_F5/Output/Index.html?tM=HO

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/servlet/servlet/com.deere.u90785.cce.productcatalog.view.servlets.PublicationsListServlet?equipID=20968&language=english&searchCriteria=L100%20Lawn%20Tractor&exactModelSearchFlag=on&orderBy=pubType&tM=HO

borat

Reply #2   Oct 26, 2008 10:31 am
Can't say for sure.  A picture would help.  I have two ATVs that have a similar sounding device mounted on the top of the fuel tank.  I's circular, has one line in from the fuel tank the other to the carburetor (it's a single) as well as the vacuum lines.  This component is a vacuum operated fuel pump.  When working, it makes a clicking noise caused by the action of the diaphragm which is being actuated by vacuum from the engine crank case.   They're pretty reliable and shouldn't normally fail.   I'd recommend that you pull the fuel supply (to the pump) to see if the filter on the pick up is clean and that the bottom of the fuel tank is also clean.  If all is well there, try to prime the fuel pump by connecting a piece of hose to the intake side, hold it up higher than the pump and feed some fuel into it.   Turn the engine over to see if the pump pulls down more fuel.   Then fill the hose, put your thumb over the end lower it and crank the engin to see if the pump can pull the fuel up.  You should feel suction on your thumb.  If it can pull fuel up, it should be OK.  If not, it's shot.  Not sure if these pumps can be repaired.  It doesn't look like they disassemble too easily.    Here's a pic of the pump on my ATV.  It's in the middle of the red wires. 

This message was modified Oct 26, 2008 by borat
snowblowerguy

Reply #3   Oct 31, 2008 10:03 pm
i have a briggs and stratton ohv 23 hp v -twin and the thing your describing is a fuel pump
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42