Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 1000 ft driveway - Snowblower ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JJ426

1000 ft driveway - Snowblower ?
Original Message   Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm
This is my first post, so hi to everyone.

We are preparing for winter (East Coast, Canada). Our driveway is around 1000 ft, plus a few areas around the house. Our snowplow-guy did not do a good job last year so we have to make changes.

If I buy a walk behind snowblower, an Ariens 32" or wider, will this machine do the job ? Does it take the full day to clear the 1000 ft (one lane) gravel road or is it not too bad.

Homedepot sells a 45 inch wide Cub Cadet walk-behind snowblower (made by MTD, Yardman ...) with the B&S 13 HP engine. Is this a good machine or should I go with Ariens or Simplicity ?

Or am I simply crazy to think I can do that with a walk-behind ? I never had a snowblower in my live.

I thought about an ATV with front mount snowblower (Kimpex ?), that has an engine on top. Is that a lot faster than a powerful walk behind ?

What do you suggest ?

Cheers, JJ

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42