Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Where are Craftsman Gas Snow Throwers Manufactured?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
VanHull

Where are Craftsman Gas Snow Throwers Manufactured?
Original Message   Oct 5, 2008 12:06 pm
Hello!

My mother would like to purchase a Craftsman Gas Snow Thrower. The only problem is that the waiting period for one here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada is around 2 months long. I guess more and more people are doing their own snow removal these days.Anyway, across the border, in Plattsburgh, they have the snow throwers in stock. It's a short drive and the exchange rate is great right now, so it would definitely be worth the trip. However, if it's built outside of the U.S.A. or Canada (and a few other countries I'm sure), she'll have to pay the duty on it, which can be very expensive, therefore not making it a worthwhile trip. I've looked high and low on the internet and I really can't seem to find any answers. I really hope that someone here can help! Thank you so much for your time!
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Snowmann

Re: Where are Craftsman Gas Snow Throwers Manufactured?
Reply #1   Oct 6, 2008 3:15 pm
Craftsman models are produced by AYP/Electrolux/Husqvarna in South Carolina and MTD in Cleveland (also a few in Canada up to recently). The Murray product is also made in various places in the last few years in the USA (Southeast). Nothing mainstream is made outside North America from a finished good standpoint. You should be fine.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42