Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Is there any brilliant minds that can make a metal craftsman snowblower chute

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BillG

WE WILL GET IT MONDAY

Is there any brilliant minds that can make a metal craftsman snowblower chute
Original Message   Sep 5, 2008 1:20 pm
This is my 4th plastic chute for my craftsman snowblower.  It is about 6 years old.  If a person  out there can make a metal chute for this snowblower,  he could become rich. If anyone has any ideas let me know  I have a 9 HP Craftsman snowblower.  Model # 536.887992   Thank You

WE WILL GET IT MONDAY
Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Estam

Re: Is there any brilliant minds that can make a metal craftsman snowblower chute
Reply #3   Jan 18, 2009 1:20 pm
I'm hoping to revisit this great question. I notice it is a few years old but am having same problem and wondering if anyone knows of after market chutes available for this Craftsman Model  536.887992. l will check local repair outlets for used chute but would be nice if an after market one was available that is designed for the job. I anyone has any suggestions I would very much like to hear them. Many thanks...

borat

Re: Is there any brilliant minds that can make a metal craftsman snowblower chute
Reply #4   Jan 18, 2009 4:06 pm
Take your plastic chute off and bring it to a sheet metal shop.  Have them look at it and see what it would cost for them to fabricate one for you.  Try a few shops for comparison purposes.  You might be pleasantly surprised to find a shop that will build you one for a reasonable price.  Especially now with people looking for work.
hirschallan

If it aint broke don't fix it !!

Reply #5   Jan 18, 2009 5:14 pm
I have a cheaper solution. Buy straight brackets in the area of 3/4" X 4" with predrilled holes(used in wood work projects). Any hardware store has them. Mount them verticaly and on the inside of chute so that the lowest hole is inline with hole going thru the chute. Then use one or two of the other holes to fasten the plastic of the chute to the bracket.I would recomend screws washers and nuts and not rivots. Also the nut should be on the outside of chute.This way you have it almost all flush from the inside. With this set up when you snow blow all the pressure is on the metal bracket and not anymore the plastic.

Allan
This message was modified Jan 18, 2009 by hirschallan

Fly2High

Reply #6   Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm
Why not try to get some duct tubing and slide it over the plastic to reinforce it?  Might work :)
Estam

Reply #7   Jan 22, 2009 9:40 pm
Maybe after, wrap the whole thing with duck tape, take a picture of it with Red Green, send it to Craftsman. LOL
Johnny boy up North has an idea, I think I'm going to look for a older long metal chute and adapt it to do the job.
Thanks all...
dave48060

Are there any brilliant minds that can make a metal craftsman snowblower chute
Reply #8   Aug 6, 2009 10:04 am
I too have this problem! My thought is that the company that makes this for Sears makes many other models and I'm sure some with metal chutes. Is there any way to find out if any particular model has a chute could be adapted to fit this one. Maybe few extra bucks but should be a one time purchase. Dave...
JasonnB

Reply #9   Nov 29, 2010 1:55 pm
Any updates on this? How is everyones craftsman doing?
ajallen

Reply #10   Nov 29, 2010 5:28 pm
The machine was made by murray now owned by Briggs part number 1502118E701MA is all metal and will fit over $100.00 though.

AJ

JohnnyChops

Reply #11   Nov 30, 2010 6:05 pm
If you have a Township / County Recycling depot, see if you could get lucky and find a chute off of an abandoned machine. Scrap metal recyclers could be a source of "found gold". Call around to some local commercial electrical installers, maybe they might have a piece of 4 or 6 inch conduit that you could do something with.

These are dirt cheap ways to get you out of a jam before the season hits.

Its just a thought.
New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

Reply #12   Dec 1, 2010 2:06 pm
Somethings Not Right if you need even a second plastic chute.  My MTD-Craftsman Model 247.885690 (9 HP 26" Track Drive) purchased 10-19-96 in an actual Sears-Roebuck store before K-Mart absorbed them, still had, in excellent condition, its original plastic discharge chute when I gave the machine away last week.
Replies: 3 - 12 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42