Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ES 230 Shred and Vac

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
tjnealon

ES 230 Shred and Vac
Original Message   Aug 5, 2008 10:40 am

COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, FEEDBACK:

Interested in Echo ES 230 Shred and Vac. Live on a country property with no manicured lawn. Have lots of small natural debis with periodic small stones. Uusally blow leaves with large backpack but am considering the ES 230 vac feature for targeted areas with  shrubs and rock formations around a hillside pond. How tolerant would such a machine be of small stones and such debris.

Thanks!

Tim

This message was modified Aug 5, 2008 by tjnealon
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
borat

Re: ES 230 Shred and Vac
Reply #1   Aug 5, 2008 12:21 pm
I have an ES210 that I bought last January.  I use it for blowing snow  off of the steps in winter and leaf control in the fall.  It's been great.  Technologically, Echo makes some of the best OPE out there.  Their build quality is as good as anything available.  I used to be oriented toward, Sthil, Husqvarna, Jonsereds etc. but have recently been buying nothing but Echo products.  In the last year I've bought a PB210 trimmer, ES210 blower, and just last week I bought a CS346 chainsaw.  I also own a two stroke Echo lawn mower that I've had for twenty years.  It's been rock solid and still cuts like the day I bought it.  All I have done to it is add gas and sharpen the blade.   I don't care what anyone says. I have many years of OPE ownership and use.  For the money, Echo can't be beat.  I'm beginning to think that Echo is as good as any OPE regardless of price.   Go for it.

As far as small stones etc. , stones and gravel is hard on any equipment using a blade that will come into contact with it.  If you will be picking up a lot of stones, the chance of jambing the shredder blade is a reality.  Be prepared to take the assembly apart when it does happen.  Easy accessibility to the shredder blade will be a well appreciated asset.  You might want to pick up a couple extra blades.  Sooner or later, you'll need them.     Good luck with your new purchase.  

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42