Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How to identify a Tecumseh 6 vs. 8 HP engine.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
OneBang

How to identify a Tecumseh 6 vs. 8 HP engine.
Original Message   Jun 30, 2008 9:09 pm
     I have a Roto-Hoe 990-5 tiller that I am in the process of trying to fix.  According to what i have found on the web, it has either a 6 or 8 HP tecumseh engine on it.  The actual engine only has the Tecumseh name and nothing else.  Does anyone know how I can tell which engine it is and maybe get a model number?  Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: How to identify a Tecumseh 6 vs. 8 HP engine.
Reply #1   Aug 11, 2008 8:35 pm
If you have a serial number, you can go to the Tecumseh web site to see if you can confirm which model/h.p. engine you have.
mech12

Re: How to identify a Tecumseh 6 vs. 8 HP engine.
Reply #2   Aug 12, 2008 5:35 pm
  usually the 6's have the carb mounted directly to the head.  as you look at the engine from this side the carb will be on the right and the exhaust on the left ports.  8's have an intake pipe/ manifold connected to the carb.  on the 8's from same view point the manifold will bolt up on the left hand side and the exhaust is on the right.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42