Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Re-engined Ariens, old had 1" crank, new has 3/4", where can I find a new pulley?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
eb55

Re-engined Ariens, old had 1" crank, new has 3/4", where can I find a new pulley?
Original Message   Mar 29, 2008 6:55 pm
Replaced the worn 5 hp Tecumseh engine on my Ariens ST524 with a 7.5 B&S Intek Snow engine, but the old 5 hp engine used a 1" bore pulley (4L for auger drive, 3L for wheel drive), the new engine has a 3/4" shaft. Does anyone make a dual pulley in the 3/4" bore size, or do I need to install 2 individual pulleys, and where can I find them?? Thanks all.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
JohnnyBoyUpNorth

Re: Re-engined Ariens, old had 1" crank, new has 3/4", where can I find a new pulley?
Reply #1   Mar 29, 2008 9:04 pm
I had the same problem with a re-engine that I did. I used a local bearing shop to get one for me, they supply alternator shops with hard to find pulleys. They had one for me in 2 days, and it cost around $18.00. If you cannot locate one, send me a private message, and I'll give you their contact info.

Contents under pressure....
niper99

Re: Re-engined Ariens, old had 1" crank, new has 3/4", where can I find a new pulley?
Reply #2   Mar 30, 2008 4:00 pm
eb55

l went to tsc store (farm equipment store) and bought two single pulleys and welded them together that works well for me costs approx $20.

Bill_H

Reply #3   Mar 31, 2008 12:06 am
I have found some really odd sizes at McMaster-Carr in the past: www.mcmaster.com. I don't know about the double pulley, but I can almost guarantee they'll have the 2 singles; they also have 1" to 3/4" reducer bushing, 1 1/8" long with a setscrew hole.

Who the hell let all the morning people run things?
trouts2

Reply #4   Nov 3, 2008 8:37 am
   A person has given me a reference for 1 inch to 3/4 pulley bushing.  There is also a key cut 3/16'ths and 1/4 to cover the key mismatch. 

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=Sleeve-34-1x220

trouts2

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42