Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > NEED HELP!!! Husqvarna Snow Blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cherrybomb

NEED HELP!!! Husqvarna Snow Blower
Original Message   Mar 14, 2008 1:28 pm
Does anyone have any thoughts on Husqvarna snowblowers, good or bad?  I've found a ST927E that looks to be in great shape.  It had a 9hp Techumseh on it.  Any thoughts are appreciated. 
Replies: 2 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Re: NEED HELP!!! Husqvarna Snow Blower
Reply #2   Mar 16, 2008 12:46 am
Thats a new one on me!!!  MTD does not make Husqvarna products and never did.

Please get your facts straight before you post info like that.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
trouts2

Reply #3   Mar 16, 2008 11:04 am
You're right. I've been lumping [Husky - Husqvarna] and MTD together.

I've always thought of AYP (parent Electrolux) as interchangable for Husqvarna (Electrolux parent) and use the name AYP instead of the name Electrolux. Husqvarna was formerly owned by Electrolux but became it's own company in 2006. I don't think AYP shares drawings with Husqvarna.

Having the same parent does not necessairly mean the product becomes the quality and build type of the other. They could keep their drawings and engineering departments seperate. These companies are pretty big, could merge and the products become difficult to track. They could breakup the chainsaw division of a merged company but keep the snowblower division independant.

I looked at a 2007 Troy-Bilt yesterday which had an MTD sticker and part number but I'm not sure if the machine was built to MTD spec's and in MTD assembly line or Troy's former line. The auger blades were not what I've seen on other MTD's.
trouts
This message was modified Mar 16, 2008 by trouts2
cherrybomb

Reply #4   Mar 17, 2008 11:11 am
I talked to the local Husqvarna dealer, and they said it's likely a '96-'98 model.  The current owner stated they only problem he's had with it is the last time he used it "the release from in-gear to neutral was getting stuck in the engaged position, I would have to manually pop it out."  Any ideas what this could be about?  I believe he was talking about the auger/impeller.  Is there linkage that may need adjusted/lubed, etc?
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Reply #5   Mar 14, 2011 8:25 pm
Vangellis wrote:
Thats a new one on me!!!  MTD does not make Husqvarna products and never did.

Please get your facts straight before you post info like that.

Kevin

You are correct,  Husqvarna builds their own Snow blowers and have factories around the world,   The Husqvarna  snow blowers   sold in  North America are  built in the USA. . They have factories at     Orangeburg SC and Swannsboro GA  and 3 others .    . They  no longer have any connection with Electrolux    .Engineering is shared , the  Husqvarna  snowblowers  sold in Sweden are very similar to those sold in North America.

. Some of the higher priced Craftsman snow blowers are built by Husqvarna.  At  present these Craftsman models are only sold in Canada, not the USA.

This message was modified Mar 14, 2011 by royster

FrankMA

Reply #6   Mar 15, 2011 5:16 am
WOW - This post is 3 years old to the day!
This message was modified Mar 15, 2011 by FrankMA

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
aa335

Reply #7   Mar 15, 2011 10:07 am
FrankMA wrote:
WOW - This post is 3 years old to the day!

It's the new BLACK.  This year's black is revolutionary different, blacker than black, more refined and sophisticated. 

Old news is the new news.  Lets make "no news" new news.  "Someone look at me" news.  Look, the emperor got has got new clothes.

This message was modified Mar 15, 2011 by aa335
Replies: 2 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42