Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Tecumseh Snow King Engine

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bear

Tecumseh Snow King Engine
Original Message   Mar 4, 2008 1:32 am
Anyone else out there have a problem with a Tecumseh engine ahving the rod crack the case

Model LH358SA-159622A

Thanks

Bear   

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Zippy

Re: Tecumseh Snow King Engine
Reply #2   Mar 11, 2008 12:24 pm
I have had a Tecumseh Snow King Model OHSK-110-130 for 14 years never had a problem wih the engine. Of course my wife kept telling me to check the oil level helped.

Zippy

Timothy

Reply #3   Mar 19, 2008 6:53 pm
Hi there

My first time on here,

Anyways, I brough a tecumseh 11hp snowthrower  only to months ago and I'm having problems with it all ready!

I changed the oil after two hours of use like the manual told me to do, And I used the blower a couple of times after that.

Anyways, I went to start up the blower a few days later and she would run for about 15 min and then just shut off.

so,  started her again and she would only run with the choke opened right up for a few min, and would back fire and a flame came from the muffler

So, i checked the oil and it was low, so I added and it started to blow out through the oil vent hose.

And now she well only run for 20 min or so and then shut off!

I'm wondering did I do any damage to it!

I couldnt of blowin the engine, she would'nt start if I did?

Does anyone have any Ideas?

Timothy

Reply #4   Mar 19, 2008 7:03 pm
Zippy wrote:
I have had a Tecumseh Snow King Model OHSK-110-130 for 14 years never had a problem wih the engine. Of course my wife kept telling me to check the oil level helped.

Zippy

Hi there!

How often did you check your oil?  Do the tecumseh engines burn oil every time you use them?

Because I just added oil to my machine and it was to much and she blow out some of the oil.

I check the oil again yesterday and it reads that I need to add more oil

Is this normal?

Timothy

Reply #5   Mar 19, 2008 8:30 pm
I brought a pou lon snowblower with a  tecumseh OH318SA  engine and I'm having problems with keeping oil in it and keeping her running

can anyone help?

borat

Reply #6   Mar 19, 2008 11:04 pm
I had two Tecumseh L head engines for over twenty years.  Neither of them caused me trouble and served me well.  I check the oil every time I used them.  They'll last a good long time if you watch and change the oil as required.  Your problem with the engine not running likely has nothing to do with your oil.  If your engine runs fine for twenty minutes then shuts down, it might be due to fuel starvation caused by a blocked vent in your fuel tank filler cap.  Loosen the cap just enough to let air in it and see if it will run longer.  If it does run well, you will have to fix the blockage in the air vent on the cap.   Also, when you fill the oil do not over-fill it.  Keep the oil level between the lines.   Let the oil settle for a few minutes before you check the level.  Good luck.
Timothy

Reply #7   Mar 20, 2008 6:07 pm
Where is the air vent to? on the gas cap its self? or is it a gas line?

Thanks

borat

Reply #8   Mar 20, 2008 7:30 pm
Timothy wrote:
Where is the air vent to? on the gas cap its self? or is it a gas line?

Thanks

My previous message said "you will have to fix the blockage in the air vent on the cap."  The cap has an element in it that allows air in but keeps water out.  Have a good look at the cap.  You'll see how it works.  If you can't fix it, get a new one. 
Timothy

Reply #9   Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm
Thanks
Timothy

Reply #10   Mar 26, 2008 7:25 pm
I had someone look at my snowblower and they said I had the gas cap on too tight? I didnt think that would matter?

Thanks

For your help

borat

Reply #11   Mar 26, 2008 8:13 pm
Timothy wrote:
I had someone look at my snowblower and they said I had the gas cap on too tight? I didnt think that would matter?

Thanks

For your help

Timothy:

As per our previous correspondence, your gas cap should be vented.  If it isn't, it's the wrong cap.  Rather than operating the machine with a loose fuel cap, I suggest you either fix or replace the cap you have.  Good luck. 

Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42