Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 1982 Bolen's Snowblower - drive belt replacement.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rgcorey

1982 Bolen's Snowblower - drive belt replacement.
Original Message   Feb 16, 2008 3:06 pm
I just picked up this ancient snowblower which runs just fine but needs a new drive belt. I took off the belt cover but I'm not sure how to install a new belt. I could use a breakdown on steps to follow. Thanks
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
JohnnyBoyUpNorth

Re: 1982 Bolen's Snowblower - drive belt replacement.
Reply #1   Feb 18, 2008 7:00 pm
What model is it? I have an older Bolens too, and I can walk you through it, but I don't want to confuse anyone (myself included) if it's different from mine.

John

Contents under pressure....
consumedwithyou

Reply #2   Feb 6, 2010 10:23 pm
Hey I had a question for you. I recently purchased an older Bolens snow blower,
it's about 17 years old. I was blowing snow today and noticed once I was 3/4 of the way
done with the drive way that the auger wasn't engaging while the motor was running.
Once it was totally shut down I reached past the auger and turned the fan (impeller i believe it's called)
and was able to turn it. clockwise. The auger turns along with the impeller so I don't believe that I sheared any shear pins.
I was wondering if it might need another belt of some sort. A drive belt?
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks
Shawn   consumedwithyou@gmail.com
This message was modified Feb 6, 2010 by consumedwithyou
consumedwithyou

Reply #3   Feb 6, 2010 10:33 pm
Hey I had a question for you. I recently purchased an older Bolens snow blower,
it's about 17 years old. I was blowing snow today and noticed once I was 3/4 of the way
done with the drive way that the auger wasn't engaging while the motor was running.
Once it was totally shut down I reached past the auger and turned the fan (impeller i believe it's called)
and was able to turn it. clockwise. The auger turns along with the impeller so I don't believe that I sheared any shear pins.
I was wondering if it might need another belt of some sort. A drive belt?
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks
Shawn   consumedwithyou@gmail.com
JohnnyBoyUpNorth

Reply #4   Feb 7, 2010 6:31 am
Hi Shawn

Sounds like a belt went. Did it stop blowing snow instantly or get progressively worse? What model is it? Photos are a great asset on here. Changing a belt is quite simple when you've done it a few times, but I don't know if you have the tools or space to work on it.

I've cut pins off before thinking that the belt snapped. There was still enough resistance for the augers to spin with the impeller when I spun it by hand as you said. If you start up the machine and engage the front end, does the impeller spin?

Let us know so we can better help you.

John

Contents under pressure....
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42