Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need advice buying snowblower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jacqualynn

Need advice buying snowblower
Original Message   Feb 14, 2008 1:14 am
I have a long (1000'), steep, winding driveway that I need to plow. We get about 4-6' of snow a year. Doesn't sound like a lot but when it is deep and slushy, it is very scary going down the drive even with 4wd. We hire a guy with truck and snowplow but he often does a horrible job when the snow is deep and slushy and he charges $50. each time. We have considered a plow for our own 3/4 ton truck, 800cc ATV or snowblower for ATV or stand alone snowblower and think the last would be best but am a novice to this snow removal job. Any suggestions?
Replies: 5 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jacqualynn

Re: Need advice buying snowblower
Reply #5   Feb 14, 2008 6:31 pm
1000' of driveway is very long and my husband is not very excited about the walk behind but I read the Polaris ATV unit was disconntinued. We do not have a riding lawnmower yet (new house and have not put the lawn in yet) and was hoping to buy one thing at a time but they may not be our best option.
borat

Reply #6   Feb 14, 2008 9:50 pm
If it were I in your situation, I'd be putting a plow on the truck.   I'd get something light weight to minimize wear on the front suspension components.   
Moderator Denis

Reply #7   Feb 14, 2008 9:57 pm
Thats what you need 2cyl engine and chain on the tire 48inches auger hehehe one way down one way up and the job is done.

chipguy98

Reply #8   Feb 16, 2008 9:44 pm
my neibour has a blower att. for his four wheeler and it works awsome..  Whith the 4 wheeler you will get lots of traction and the blowwers are real wide so lest passes + less time
borat

Reply #9   Feb 16, 2008 11:00 pm
chipguy98 wrote:
my neibour has a blower att. for his four wheeler and it works awsome..  Whith the 4 wheeler you will get lots of traction and the blowwers are real wide so lest passes + less time

The drawback with these units are twofold.  They're expensive and awkward in tight spaces due to the size of the ATV and the attachment. 
Moderator Denis

The Snow Hogg, ATV snowblower attachment
Reply #10   Feb 18, 2008 9:31 pm

The Snow Hogg, ATV snowblower attachment

Video here

This message was modified Feb 18, 2008 by Denis

Replies: 5 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42