Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 724

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cmike

Toro 724
Original Message   Jan 27, 2008 2:32 pm
So my Toro 724 seems to have a problem after all.  It's been the first snowfall since i had the problems with the slush, (where my machine was stalling out)  So i passed it off that the machine was bogging in the slush.  But today i had a nice fluffy. just about 5inches of snow and it was doing the same thing i could go for about 20ft and it stalls out.  After playing around with the choke i noticed that when i opened the choke halfway  the machine ran pretty normally, and i was able to finish the driveway.  But the second I close off that choke the machine starts to die out, and eventually stalls.

I  added some Seafoam today to my gas tank a few ounces, to help clean out some stuff as i ran it

anyone have any ideas?.

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
cmike

Re: Toro 724
Reply #5   Jan 28, 2008 8:54 am
looks like the gas cap is ported so it should be getting air into it.  I think i am going to have to get dirty and try and get into the carb.  How much outer shell of the motor am i going to have to remove to get at the carb?
borat

Re: Toro 724
Reply #6   Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
cmike wrote:
looks like the gas cap is ported so it should be getting air into it.  I think i am going to have to get dirty and try and get into the carb.  How much outer shell of the motor am i going to have to remove to get at the carb?

All fuel gas caps are vented.  Sometimes they get blocked and fail.  That's why I suggested trying to run it with the cap loose.  Alway tackle the easy stuff first. 
Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42