Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How much increased speed will the Ariens cast iron gearbox safely handle.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
JohnDahl

How much increased speed will the Ariens cast iron gearbox safely handle.
Original Message   Jan 22, 2008 6:38 pm
First off I am new to the site, and I have enjoyed reading the different posts. This site looked like I could get the most help for my aging snowblower. I have an  Ariens 924016 with the 8hp snowking, and 32 inch cut. My impeller pulley was destroyed while changing the impeller gearbox seals. I originally had a 9 in dia. impeller pulley and a 2.75 in diameter engine pulley. I have a 8in on the shelf. I am concerned if the cast iron gearbox will be able to handle to increased speed. With the 9 in pulley I have a ratio of 3.27/1 and with the new setup the ratio is 2.90/1. Has anyone done this, and if so has the gearbox held up? Any suggestions would be welcomed.
This message was modified Jan 23, 2008 by JohnDahl
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42