Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need help in purchase please

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
builder59

Need help in purchase please
Original Message   Jan 22, 2008 5:23 pm
Looking at the purchase of the White 8.5 26" or the Cub Cadet 524 SWE snowthrowers. Does anyone have either of these models. Thank you.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
borat

Re: Need help in purchase please
Reply #1   Jan 22, 2008 7:52 pm
The White is an MTD product of mediocre quality.  The Cub is a better machine although probably an MTD of slightly higher quality.  I looked at both machines before I bought my Simplicity.  If you're getting an extremely good deal, buying either might be worth it.  If I had a choice, I'd take the Cub but I wouldn't pay a lot more for it.
builder59

Reply #2   Jan 23, 2008 8:36 am
I purchased the White. The Cub had a thinner walls on the snow catch sides than the White.  Alot of the handles and locations were the same or very similar on both machines. I tried it last night with 2" of snow and it threw it about 20' or so. Also the light on the Cub was right in line with the chute. The light on the White is really not that bright but it does help some.
Gelid

Reply #3   Jan 23, 2008 6:59 pm
If you don't have challenging snow conditions and don't need to blast snow 40 feet away a made-by-MTD machine is fine as long as you pay attention to proper maintenance and monitoring, otherwise they tend to deteriorate quicker than more more expensive makes. I'm referring to the maintenance of parts other than the engine, the engine itself is the same as that on many costlier machines and shouldn't be much of a source of concern if basic precautions are observed.

Honda HS928 TCD - If you lived where I live you'd have one too
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42