Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Briggs & Stratton 35

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
stevemccarrick

Briggs & Stratton 35
Original Message   Jan 22, 2008 9:07 am
Could anybody help me about my mower.  The mower will fire up and then cuts out. I have changed the spark plug , cleaned the carburator and checked the fuel and fuel line to no avail. If anyone has any other ideas , let me know.

Thanks

Steve

Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
borat

Re: Briggs & Stratton 35
Reply #1   Jan 22, 2008 9:37 am
stevemccarrick wrote:
Could anybody help me about my mower.  The mower will fire up and then cuts out. I have changed the spark plug , cleaned the carburator and checked the fuel and fuel line to no avail. If anyone has any other ideas , let me know.

Thanks

Steve

How long does it run once you fire it up?  Is the air vent in your gas cap working?  If you can get it running, loosen the cap to see what that does.  Sometimes the electrics will work while the engine is cold then cut out when the engine warms up.  If the engine runs long enough to get hot then cuts out, check your spark while it's still hot.  While you have the plug out, look to see if it either wet or not.  If it's wet, you have a flooding problem.  If you don't smell gas, you might have  fuel starvation.  Another possibility is that your valves might be either shot or out of adjustment.  Similar symptoms will occur.  Runs OK while cold and shut down when hot.   Regardless of what the issue is, if you can't get it running, scrap it.  You can pick up a used 3.5 engine or lawn mower for less than $25.00 and occasionally for free. 
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42