Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > IH 8HP

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rob_45ca

IH 8HP
Original Message   Jan 21, 2008 6:02 pm
I got given an old IH snow blower, but it is so old I can find now manuals for it anywhere. On the carb it has a 3 position choke and I do not know what the 3 position are for, so I am having a problem setting the carb. If any one knows and can help me It would be nice to hear. Thanks for now. Rob
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: IH 8HP
Reply #1   Jan 21, 2008 6:27 pm
rob_45ca wrote:
I got given an old IH snow blower, but it is so old I can find now manuals for it anywhere. On the carb it has a 3 position choke and I do not know what the 3 position are for, so I am having a problem setting the carb. If any one knows and can help me It would be nice to hear. Thanks for now. Rob

Look into the bore of the carburetor.  You will see a butterfly valve.  When the valve is completely across and closing the bore, it is on full choke.  As you decrease choke, more of the bore is opened with each graduation of reduction of the choke.   Once the engine is running well, reduce the choke.  Engine should be run with choke fully off.
rob_45ca

Re: IH 8HP
Reply #2   Jan 22, 2008 8:49 pm
Thanks for the info, I got it running after I rebuilt the carb But still need to set it better. Thanks again
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42