Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Treysit Sirometer aka Vibra Tach

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
borat

Treysit Sirometer aka Vibra Tach
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 5:27 pm
I just got one of these Vibra Tachs.  I need it to measure rpm on my diesel power plant.  I have the instructions and read them but I'm still not clear on it's operation so these are a few questions to those who have used one. 

Do you hold the device on a flat part of the engine and slowly turn the inner ring until the wire comes out far enough to start to vibrate?  If you go further out does the wire stop vibrating?   How much of a vibration arc does the wire achieve?  Less than a quarter inch? eighth inch?  etc...   Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

This message was modified Jan 17, 2008 by borat
Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jubol

Re: Treysit Sirometer aka Vibra Tach
Reply #3   Jan 19, 2008 12:01 pm
Borat,

Glad you like it, works great for me also!

Told you it would work on your diesel  !

Fred

This message was modified Jan 19, 2008 by jubol

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
borat

Reply #4   Jan 19, 2008 12:39 pm
jubol wrote:
Borat,

Glad you like it, works great for me also!

Told you it would work on your diesel  !

Fred

Hi Fred:

You're right bud.  Best piece of advice I've picked up in quite a while.  I'm still amazed with that little thing!

Thanks.

elbrecht

Reply #5   Jan 19, 2008 5:31 pm
Just curious since I've never seen one [though I did just order the Tecumseh equivalent]-

Will I be able to tell how fast my impeller is turning with this thing?      

Jim

borat

Reply #6   Jan 19, 2008 7:24 pm
elbrecht wrote:
Just curious since I've never seen one [though I did just order the Tecumseh equivalent]-

Will I be able to tell how fast my impeller is turning with this thing?      

Jim

That's an interesting point Jim.  The instructions say that in some instances where there are more than one rotating part (i.e. gears)  it may not read accurately.  However, I'd be willing to bet that it might be able to read the impeller if you place it on the impeller housing ensuring that you keep it as far away as possible from the auger.  Be very careful working around the moving parts.   I'm going to give it a shot on my machine once it warms up a bit.  It's been minus 20C here for the last couple days and down to - 39C with the windchill.  
Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42