Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help: Old Ariens 6HP engine works but don't move

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
luvxu

Help: Old Ariens 6HP engine works but don't move
Original Message   Jan 15, 2008 9:20 am
Hi all,

I purchased an old (pretty old I would said)  Ariens 6HP (Tecum engine). I am not sure how old it is and what is it model number. What I see is that it has a white engine instead of black as in some other Ariens snow thrower. It was working for sometime but now it doesn't move anymore. I opened the bottom plate and saw that the rubber on the friction disc felt out so I guess the friction disc is broken. Would you be able to help me locate the part to buy and  how to replace it.

Another bit of information, I measured the diameter of the friction disc, it appears to be about 5 1/2 - 5 3/4 inch.

Thank you for your help.

Luvxu
Replies: 7 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
uconncuzinvinny

Go UCONN!

Re: Help: Old Ariens 6HP engine works but don't move
Reply #7   Jan 18, 2008 12:00 am
try this link - click here

click on the view/download link next to the manual on the ariens page
This message was modified Jan 18, 2008 by uconncuzinvinny

Ariens 824 with R3 Drive Update,  Toro 6.5 HP personal pace Lawn mower, B&S Generac 2700 PSI pressure washer.
Replies: 7 - 7 of 7Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42