Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help: Old Ariens 6HP engine works but don't move

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
luvxu

Help: Old Ariens 6HP engine works but don't move
Original Message   Jan 15, 2008 9:20 am
Hi all,

I purchased an old (pretty old I would said)  Ariens 6HP (Tecum engine). I am not sure how old it is and what is it model number. What I see is that it has a white engine instead of black as in some other Ariens snow thrower. It was working for sometime but now it doesn't move anymore. I opened the bottom plate and saw that the rubber on the friction disc felt out so I guess the friction disc is broken. Would you be able to help me locate the part to buy and  how to replace it.

Another bit of information, I measured the diameter of the friction disc, it appears to be about 5 1/2 - 5 3/4 inch.

Thank you for your help.

Luvxu
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42