Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Nice QC from Ariens...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
RickO

Nice QC from Ariens...
Original Message   Jan 8, 2008 10:40 pm
Some of you may remember my brand new dealer purchased 924DLE having trouble teaking lots of snow out the sides.  Took it back to the dealer and was informed that the factory had the two augers reversed.  So instead of pulling snow towards the center of the machine it was pushing it out.

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to re-trying my Ariens for the first time :)

Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Rarestrx

Re: Nice QC from Ariens...
Reply #3   Jan 11, 2008 11:04 pm
Rick,

Yep, the 24" machine definitely fits the "Can I get my car past it?" criteria.

I was looking at huge 32" and 36" Arien monsters.  You know, because of  "More Power!" [Insert Tim the Toolman grunting here].

Glad I went with the 24", because no way I could sneak my car past those beasts in the garage. 

We just had 8" of kind icy snow a week ago.  I motored through it in 4th Gear.  You can definitely haul ass with the small cut size.

The motor never sounded like it was straining until I got to the end of the driveway and gobbled down some "Plowcrete".  It lowered pitch...then proceeded to throw that nasty snow 30'.  Heh.

Since I still have the photo in my photobucket account:

You can see it only intrudes into the garage parking space by about 6".

I'm digging it so far!

Kevin "Even the goofy John Deere paint scheme."

Replies: 3 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42