Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Standing Craftsman 9 HP 28" on Auger Housing

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
928user

Standing Craftsman 9 HP 28" on Auger Housing
Original Message   Jan 1, 2008 10:37 pm
Hi......

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this question. We have a Craftsman 9/28 model # (247.888350), the original manufacture is MTD. It requires a rubber friction disk replacement and I'm wondering if it's safe to stand the snowblower on the Auger Housing. It would make it extremally easier to replace if I could. The idea came from a newer MTD Snowblower manual it just warned about emptying the gas tank or sealing the gas cap. My concern how the engine oil or possibly the carb would be effected while being on it's side.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,

928user

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
928user

Re: Standing Craftsman 9 HP 28" on Auger Housing
Reply #2   Jan 3, 2008 12:54 am
Thanks for the reply. Does your snowblower have a techumsa engine with a L-head?

Thanks,

928user

borat

Re: Standing Craftsman 9 HP 28" on Auger Housing
Reply #3   Jan 3, 2008 12:24 pm
928user wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Does your snowblower have a techumsa engine with a L-head?

Thanks,

928user

Not the one I have now.  It has the ohv Briggs & Stratton engine which is a real gem to work with.  My previous two machines that I used for nearly twenty years had the 10 h.p. Tecumseh L head engines.  Reliable but noisy  and lots of vibration.   My new Simplicity has the 9.5 h.p. engine (that's what the label reads anyway).   Three of my  neighbours all have 10 h.p. Tecumseh engines on fairly new Craftsman and Yard works machines (MTD).  The Simplicity easily doubles the distance of two of the machines and at least a third farther than the best of their three.  I doubt that my B&S is a 9.5 with that kind of propulsion.    Either way, I'm more than impressed with the machine's ability to move large volumes of snow quickly without seeming to be working nearly as hard as my old L head engines did.   
This message was modified Jan 3, 2008 by borat
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42