Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > honda 1132 wont blow powder

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
blunt

honda 1132 wont blow powder
Original Message   Jan 2, 2008 10:12 am
 It's official the honda 1132. A 11 hp. 32" inch cut tracked snowblower needs a retrofit kit to blow powdered snow without sucking it through the carburator and dieing.

I was also informed that honda will only supply the kit  (its under warrenty) if the customer asks for it.

I am now waiting a week or more for a kit to come in so i can snowblow my driveway.

This message was modified Jan 2, 2008 by blunt
Replies: 2 - 11 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
cavebear53

Semper Fi

Re: honda 1132 wont blow powder
Reply #2   Jan 2, 2008 5:52 pm
Thanks borat for the picture in my head of a Red Honda wearing Black Lace Stockings LMAO

its a good idea it should keep out the snow and it will get you going till that kit comes

Ron

This message was modified Jan 2, 2008 by cavebear53

PoulanPro PP11530SE 11hp 30" cut
borat

Reply #3   Jan 2, 2008 7:38 pm
cavebear53 wrote:
Thanks borat for the picture in my head of a Red Honda wearing Black Lace Stockings LMAO

its a good idea it should keep out the snow and it will get you going till that kit comes

Ron

Don't recall recommending black.  I usually go with grand-ma beige.   Most Honda guys I know are into glitz.  So black will likely be their colour of choice.  Maybe a piece with little sequins in it for added flash....  

I had a snowmobile that would lose power in deep powder snow due to taking it into the carb.  The nylon stocking fixed the problem.  It's been on the machine for years and still looks in good shape.  Seems that stuff will last for ever. 

bmwe0692

"Have a great and glorious day"

Reply #4   Jan 2, 2008 8:35 pm
Make it a pair of really OLD nylons that are in the trash, Or YOU might end up in the

DOG HOUSE!!!!

Have a great NEW YEAR!!!

T.J.

Put it where the Big iron wheel runs!!!
blunt

Reply #5   Jan 3, 2008 12:06 am
i will try the nylon hose. I have a piece of vacume cleaner hose duct taped to it now with the far end looped up inside of my cab. But need to switch to larger hose to increase airflow. Gives a red green look
blunt

Reply #6   Jan 7, 2008 6:16 pm
I just picked up the honda anti iceing kit for my 1132. Part #06196-ze3-305. This part keeps the snow from entering the carburator and stalling the engine.
 It should be standard equipment
  Honda will only supply it if you make a complaint about stalling. I had to make several complaints as they first told me i was only having problems because i had bought there big machine when most peaple wanted the small ones. They then told me not to worry about it because the next storms may not be powder. I still haven't  recieved any calls back from honda corp. maybe they took my comments about farm animals and needing to marry outside of there imediate family personaly.  I will have to contact them again.
Philscbx

Reply #7   Jan 8, 2008 2:54 am
Is this symptom of carb icing, and wet ignition from blowing snow into the wind > vs down< wind?
Thousands of hours, and have never had this issue on any machine.
blunt

Reply #8   Jan 10, 2008 12:13 am
the honda is sucking snow into the carb and causing the engine to blow black smoke and stall. When the carb cover is removed it is covered in drops of water that fall into the intake and cause problems. It was a swirling windy day  and i was often being covered with snow i ended up finishing with my mtd yardman it didn't suffer any problems just much harder to turn.
Gelid

Reply #9   Jan 14, 2008 5:39 pm
Is the 1132's air cleaner cover different from other models'? I ask 'cause I never experienced such a problem with my 928 even in the fluffiest snow conditions.

Honda HS928 TCD - If you lived where I live you'd have one too
blunt

Reply #10   Jan 14, 2008 8:51 pm
I just used my 1132 in heavy powder for the first time since installing the anti ice-ing kit  and had no problems with stalling. The dealer told me that this is the only model that has this issue. one of the salesman also told me it was because i bought there largest machine while most peaple only wanted the smaller units implying it was really my fault not theirs. Runs great now im glad i kept it.                                       
Gelid

Reply #11   Jan 14, 2008 10:00 pm
blunt wrote:
I just used my 1132 in heavy powder for the first time since installing the anti ice-ing kit  and had no problems with stalling. The dealer told me that this is the only model that has this issue. one of the salesman also told me it was because i bought there largest machine while most peaple only wanted the smaller units implying it was really my fault not theirs. Runs great now im glad i kept it.                                       

So it's the customer's fault if only the most popular models are properly equipped? I like your dealer's sense of humor lol. What does the anti-icing kit consist of? I suspect it's just the thick rubber shroud that covers the side of the engine where the carb is, must be worth what, $20? Pretty miserly of them to hold it back on a $2700 machine.

Honda HS928 TCD - If you lived where I live you'd have one too
Replies: 2 - 11 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42