Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Quick opinion - Toro 828 LXE or Snapper 9528E?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ShawnNYC

Quick opinion - Toro 828 LXE or Snapper 9528E?
Original Message   Jan 2, 2008 4:05 pm
I've read good and not great for both, and I'm about to go and buy one this week so I'd love some feed back.
I was sold on the Toro, but then saw a Snapper which has an OHV and slightly larger engine (B&S).
I have local dealers for both only a couple of miles from my house so service wouldn't be an issue either way.
Some info would really be helpful before I go purchase, so thanks in advance!

Shawn
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
jubol

Re: Quick opinion - Toro 828 LXE or Snapper 9528E?
Reply #1   Jan 2, 2008 4:19 pm
Either one would be OK!!

Which has the best and closest dealer support?

That would make it for me!!!

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
borat

Reply #2   Jan 2, 2008 5:17 pm
I'm  biased.  I own a new Simplicity 9528 and I'm more than pleased with it.  I love to see the snow fall.  The more the better.  This thing moves snow like nothing I've used before.  Rock solid, smooth and efficient.  Couldn't ask for more.  The rumours of Simplicity going out of business are unfounded.  The Wisconsin plant is moving their snow throwing manufacturing to their Snapper plant in either North or South Carolina.  Briggs & Stratton have acquired Simplicity.  Let's hope that they continue to build them at the same quality level and don't go "box store" like Ariens and Toro have. 
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

Reply #3   Jan 2, 2008 7:25 pm
borat wrote:
I'm  biased.  I own a new Simplicity 9528 and I'm more than pleased with it.  I love to see the snow fall.  The more the better.  This thing moves snow like nothing I've used before.  Rock solid, smooth and efficient.  Couldn't ask for more.  The rumours of Simplicity going out of business are unfounded.  The Wisconsin plant is moving their snow throwing manufacturing to their Snapper plant in either North or South Carolina.  Briggs & Stratton have acquired Simplicity.  Let's hope that they continue to build them at the same quality level and don't go "box store" like Ariens and Toro have. 

The Snapper and Simplicity in that size are the same machine just badged differently which is why Borat spoke about the Simplicity.. The OHV Briggs is terrific and if the Toro has the old Tecumseh L head the Snapper is the way to go. Every one raves about the Toro Joystick but no chute control is worth the difference between an OHV and an L head.  

Marc 

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
ShawnNYC

Reply #4   Jan 4, 2008 9:10 am
Thanks to everyone who replied...
I was on the fence until I got the Toro (1 year old with 5 hours) for $792.00.
Couldn't beat that.

Thanks again,
Shawn
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42