Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Backfiring problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
HSean

Backfiring problem
Original Message   Dec 30, 2007 2:30 pm
I got a old snowblower, it backfires, like alot, it's actualy funny lol but  does anyone know how to stop it?
Replies: 2 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
HSean

Re: Backfiring problem
Reply #2   Dec 30, 2007 3:24 pm
It's got a screw on side of carb and bottom,  I played with them but it still did it, even cleaned carb. Oh and it's loud backfire to lol
This message was modified Dec 30, 2007 by HSean
borat

Reply #3   Dec 30, 2007 3:42 pm
Does the engine seem to briefly cut out then kick in with a backfire?  If so, you might want to check your electrics.  Could be a bad spark plug (not likely though), spark plug lead or an intermittent short in your ignition wiring system. 
HSean

Reply #4   Dec 30, 2007 4:45 pm
It's got good spark it sometimes  runs fast then slower, the backfires like a gunshot
niper99

Reply #5   Dec 30, 2007 6:06 pm
it could be a sticky exhaust valve due excesive carbon build up, l'm assuming that it is backfiring out the exhaust?  or the valves and valve seats are pited and worn badly, either way its probally not an easy fix. just curouis is it hard to start. l would do a compression test and see how it looks if its low ( below 60 lbs) squirt some oil in the cylinder and repeat test if theres not much change or any at all then u have a valve problems, if you suspect valves then u could take the cylinder head off and give them a visual check takes about 5 minutes to do or first take off the valve cover and u can inspect the valves for excesive carbon build up on the stem, but if that is the case the valves would have to be removed and cleaned or replaced including the valve seats.      good luck!
HSean

Reply #6   Dec 30, 2007 6:12 pm
Thanks, the backfire, I aint sure where it's comming from, it starts like first or second pull, so compressions fine, I was thinking it was air being misstaken by them valvs
niper99

Reply #7   Dec 30, 2007 6:35 pm
sean

l'm not sure what u mean?

donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Reply #8   Dec 30, 2007 9:24 pm
put some seafoam in the gas,that will clean out the carb,the screw on the side,turn all the way in and back out 1 turn,the screw  on the bottom.turn all the way in,and back it out 1 and a half turns,that will get you where you need to be.

Replies: 2 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42