Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 11528 Used

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jmtavares

Ariens 11528 Used
Original Message   Dec 26, 2007 8:27 pm
Home Depot has a 1130 priced at $1499.

What do you estimate a very good condition, but used, 2 year old 11528 is worth?

A colleague a work (we live in CT) has one for sale and I want to price it fairly for both of us.

Thanks

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
solara

Re: Ariens 11528 Used
Reply #1   Dec 27, 2007 10:09 am
does it have triggers on the dash for steering? that is a very nice feature that would make the newer ones (maybe starting last yr or the yt before that) more dersireable and machines w/o that feature less desirable.

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
lumbrjck

Reply #2   Feb 9, 2008 9:07 pm
I would never buy a snow blower from home depo... i have seen too many problems with machines from them, buy from a dealer your  really gonna get the quality. i would say on the quote  of 1300$
Snowbound

Reply #3   Feb 9, 2008 11:43 pm
jmtavares wrote:
Home Depot has a 1130 priced at $1499.

What do you estimate a very good condition, but used, 2 year old 11528 is worth?

A colleague a work (we live in CT) has one for sale and I want to price it fairly for both of us.

Thanks

Connecticut like the rest of southern New England has not seen much snow in the last two years.  Therefore, your colleague's machine has hardly been used and that's to your advantage.  It should be like-new with just a few hours on the engine, a strong selling point to hold the price up for him.  However, it is two years old as far as the market is concerned so I would search around to check on prices for a benchmark and then make him a "marketplace" offer, a strong buying point for you.  It would be like buying a new machine at a reduced price IMO.  Why is he selling the machine?

Home Depot?  Check on their service reputation and/or who services their machines.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42