Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > oil questions ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
montyss

oil questions ?
Original Message   Dec 21, 2007 8:15 pm
How many people are putting synthetic oil in there snowblowers ? I have been thinking about putting Mobile 1 in mine its a Simplicity Pro series 1056E a 2006 model.
Is there any benefits to it or just change it with regular oil frequently during the winter
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: oil questions ?
Reply #1   Dec 21, 2007 8:39 pm
I think using synthetic oil in winter is a wise practice.  The jury is still out whether or not synthetic oil is suitable for engine break in.  I erred on the side of past practice and used mineral oil for a break in period of  seven hours then switched to 5W30 synthetic.  Unless you're putting huge numbers of hours on your machine, seasonal oil changes should be sufficient.  I believe that Tec L head engines are to have oil changes every 25 hours and B&S ohv engines every fifty hours.  So, if your engine is already broken in, switching to synthetic should be fine.  
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Re: oil questions ?
Reply #2   Dec 21, 2007 11:01 pm
all i use in ope is synthetic,it isn't going to hurt,all in the mind.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42