Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Recommended 2 stroke oil for Ariens 722

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
seabird

Recommended 2 stroke oil for Ariens 722
Original Message   Dec 17, 2007 11:49 pm
what is the best 2 stroke oil to use with my Ariens 722 and why.  is there a difference between oils?  thanks
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: Recommended 2 stroke oil for Ariens 722
Reply #1   Dec 18, 2007 10:36 am
Oil questions usually lead to numerous opinions of which many are personal preference rather than based on facts.  I'm of the belief that with two stroke engines, the only real distinction for oil type is whether the machine is designed for marine use or land.   Liquid cooled outboard motors for instance are supposed to use oil of a slightly different composition than air cooled engines.   That's probably due to the higher operating temperatures air cooled engines operate at.  As far a recommending an oil to you, I'd say don't pay a premium for it.  If you only use one quart a year, drop the big bucks if it makes you feel better.  In my situation where I have numerous two stroke engines and use many quarts/liters per year, I buy good but inexpensive oil.   I normally buy Chinadian Tire brand oil for around $3.50 per liter.  I've been using it for over 25 years in machines that are at least that old with no problems whatsoever. 
This message was modified Dec 18, 2007 by borat
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Re: Recommended 2 stroke oil for Ariens 722
Reply #2   Dec 19, 2007 9:52 pm
I usuual yuse a " Premum" brand, like Shindiawa, Husky or such, that are pre measured for  the specified ratio, like 50-1. It costs a few cents more, but is much more conveniant, is a quality product, and eliminated having to measure out to get the desire ratio when your pumping gas, or trying to mix it during the snow. Im a heavy user, and still only go through 6 or so bottles a year.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42