Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Sno Thro Won't Start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bgris44

Ariens Sno Thro Won't Start
Original Message   Oct 3, 2006 8:40 pm
I was given a very old Ariens, model 932006-001100, engine HS50-67008B-9ER-8172B. I believe it is about 20 years old, but if you can narrow it down using the engine serial number, I am curious. It started and worked 4 years ago, but has just been left to sit in storage since then, and does not start now. I have the repair, owners and parts manuals. I replaced the spark plug, put in fresh gas, and changed out the oil. I confirmed there is a spark on the plug when the rewind starter is pulled, but there was no "catch" in the engine, even when I put a drop of fresh gas in the spark plug hole. I'm a super novice at this, but from reading the other posts it appears the likely culprit is the carb. It looks like I found a rebuild kit that would work, but have never touched a carb in my life. So. . .
Is there a guide somewhere online to rebuilding the carb? Specifically a diagram? There is nothing in the manuals. . .
Is there a chance this is something else that I may have overlooked?
Any help is appreciated. You can't dumb it down too much for me! Thanks.
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
donparadowski

Re: Ariens Sno Thro Won't Start
Reply #7   Dec 16, 2007 2:16 pm
I need a carb linkage.  My snow thrower has a motor with this info on it:  MOTOR NUMBER:  HS50 67008B SERIAL NUMBER:  82548.  I need the linkage (going from device that receives input from the motor’s governor and the operator’s throttle setting) to the carb itself.  If anyone knows the part number that would be a great help and if anyone has a spare, he or she is willing to sell, please let me know.  Thanks.
jspec

Re: Ariens Sno Thro Won't Start
Reply #8   Jan 8, 2009 10:46 pm
I have the same Snowblower with the same model #'s. I went to start mine today and it ran ok for a few minutes.  I noticed it was out of gas.  I filled up the tank and started it back up. It stalled out and i noticed it was leaking gas.  The carb is a lauson power products 586 8h 4.  On the left side off the carb there is a small hole that just drains gas out of it.  Any idea what happened?
Replies: 7 - 8 of 8Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42