Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Sno Thro Won't Start

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bgris44

Ariens Sno Thro Won't Start
Original Message   Oct 3, 2006 8:40 pm
I was given a very old Ariens, model 932006-001100, engine HS50-67008B-9ER-8172B. I believe it is about 20 years old, but if you can narrow it down using the engine serial number, I am curious. It started and worked 4 years ago, but has just been left to sit in storage since then, and does not start now. I have the repair, owners and parts manuals. I replaced the spark plug, put in fresh gas, and changed out the oil. I confirmed there is a spark on the plug when the rewind starter is pulled, but there was no "catch" in the engine, even when I put a drop of fresh gas in the spark plug hole. I'm a super novice at this, but from reading the other posts it appears the likely culprit is the carb. It looks like I found a rebuild kit that would work, but have never touched a carb in my life. So. . .
Is there a guide somewhere online to rebuilding the carb? Specifically a diagram? There is nothing in the manuals. . .
Is there a chance this is something else that I may have overlooked?
Any help is appreciated. You can't dumb it down too much for me! Thanks.
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42