Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Cub Cadet vs Ariens in CO

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
dbehm

Cub Cadet vs Ariens in CO
Original Message   Dec 10, 2007 9:40 pm
Looking to buy a snowblower.  I live in CO and you never know how much or when it is coming.  At HD they have a what looks to be nice Cub Cadet 208 CC (  31AH53TR756 ) for 749 and an Ariens that does not have all of the bells that the CC does and cost 200 less.  Anyone have any thoughts
Replies: 10 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
writchix

Re: Cub Cadet vs Ariens in CO
Reply #10   Dec 15, 2007 2:48 pm
tcanthonyii wrote:
One thing to remember is that a lot of the cubs have a chinese engine on it.  These are clones of hondas and have not gotten good reviews and will not last very long.  Go for the Ariens.  They have been around for a heck of a long time and pretty much invented snowblowers.  Everyone I know would take the ariens any day with out thinking about it over the Cub.

tc

Where are there reviews of LCT brand engines?
borat

Reply #11   Dec 15, 2007 4:06 pm
writchix wrote:
Where are there reviews of LCT brand engines?

Never seen one.  Maybe they don't last long enough to be reviewed. 

I'd stay away from cheap Chinese knock off engines.  Some engines from China are OK.  The problem is making sure you get one.  There's so much stuff coming out of China and much of it is crap.  It's hard to know what products they produce are good.  I'd be inclined to stick with brand names manufactured in China and shy away from weird off the wall Chinese brands like "Barking Dog That Never Sleeps", or "Tireless Soldiers Who Fight Fiercely".   If it's a Chinese made Honda, Mitsubishi, Yamaha etc.  maybe.  Otherwise no. 

writchix

Reply #12   Dec 16, 2007 7:24 am
Sears also sells MTD as several of their models under there Craftsman name.  Included in this group is a 9hp model with the "power steering" feature.  It is on sale for $899.99 through 12/15 dont know what price is after.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07188790000P?vName=Lawn+%26+Garden&cName=Snow+Equipment&sName=Snow+Throwers%2C+Gas

Replies: 10 - 12 of 12Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42