Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Check out this 22HP Ariens!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
CFoote

Check out this 22HP Ariens!
Original Message   Dec 15, 2007 10:22 am
Hi All,

I hope this is not a repost, but check out this 22HP Ariens :-)  It really likes the eat the snow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BahOwtQrvuo

Snowmann, when can we expect this model at the dealers?

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
borat

Re: Check out this 22HP Ariens!
Reply #1   Dec 15, 2007 11:25 am
Now that's fierce.  I'm curious how long his auger belt lasts. 
jubol

Reply #2   Dec 15, 2007 11:29 am
Borat,

I sent you a message thru this forum.

Please read!

Fred

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
nibbler

Reply #3   Dec 15, 2007 1:47 pm
Its probably over powered. No matter how much power you have, at a given RPM the auger can only feed so much snow to the impeller and the impeller can only throw so much snow somewhere else. Thats why you get snowplowing where the snow starts to accumulate in front of the blower, you're feeding in more snow than the impeller can throw away so the augers shoot it out the front.

You could change the pulleys for the auger system but then you run into problems with the bearings getting overloaded.

Still it does look kind of nice.
Tubby

Reply #4   Dec 16, 2007 11:24 pm
nibbler wrote:
Its probably over powered. No matter how much power you have, at a given RPM the auger can only feed so much snow to the impeller and the impeller can only throw so much snow somewhere else. Thats why you get snowplowing where the snow starts to accumulate in front of the blower, you're feeding in more snow than the impeller can throw away so the augers shoot it out the front.

You could change the pulleys for the auger system but then you run into problems with the bearings getting overloaded.

Still it does look kind of nice.

Of course it is overpowered, that was the whole point!  At the end of the video, it runs about normal at idle, but then he powers it up to high rpm and tosses the snow 150 feet or so. I could clear my neighbors house, and make *his* neighbor mad!
I'll bet he is spinning the auger at least 30 to 40 % faster than designed. With the right snow, the output of that chute would be dangerous!
nibbler

Reply #5   Dec 18, 2007 12:04 pm
The output of the chute is always dangerous.

I realise that the point of people's interest is that its over powered, what I was trying to point out is that there is no point to having "too much" power unless you make other changes, such of the ratio of engine RPM to auger RPM. If you don't change that then there will be little or no perceived change.
writchix

Reply #6   Dec 19, 2007 11:34 am
Needs more chrome and less restictive pipes to hear that V twin roar.   LOL

The local Harley dealer built a pontoon boat with a big twin HarleyDavidson driving it,  you should hear that monster.

This message was modified Dec 19, 2007 by writchix
Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42