Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I need to buy a Tecumseh 2 cycle engine but having trouble finding it...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
testrada

I need to buy a Tecumseh 2 cycle engine but having trouble finding it...
Original Message   Dec 9, 2007 7:13 pm
Hi.  I need to replace the engine in my uncle's snow blower - don't ask why... but lets just say that I am holding in my hand bits and pieces of the connecting rod...  ;-)

The machine is an 2001 Ariens single stage Ariens 522 Model 938017 and the engine numbers are:

Tecumseh Model HSK850
Family YTPXS 1395EF
Displacement 139
DOM 1253 G

I googled the model but I cannot pin point the family numbers (don't want to order the wrong engine)

If anyone knows a good reputable engine seller that can provide this engine, please let me know.
I tried my local outdoor equipment supplier and they said that I might as well buy a new snow blower....

Thanks
Tony
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
borat

Re: I need to buy a Tecumseh 2 cycle engine but having trouble finding it...
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2007 7:56 pm
Here's a similar two cycle engine designed for snow throwers.  Many of these engines are use generically.  Maybe it will fit.  They have pictures of it at the following site:  /www.smallenginewarehouse.com

Look under their list of Tecumseh engines. 

Made by Tecumseh

4.5 HP Stepped Shaft, 1" stepped down to 7/8", Two Cycle, Recoil Start, ES Provisions

Product Number: HSK845-8221C
4.5hp Tecumseh Snow King 2-Cycle
Cast Iron Cylinder Sleeve
Mounting: Horizontal
Electric Start: Provisions Only
Fuel Tank: none
Shaft Size: STEP
Muffler: Included
Made For: MTD-Snow Blower Thrower
Height: 13.7"
Depth (Less Shaft): 12.4"
Width: 17.9"
Shipping Weight: 65 Pounds

Condition: New
Warranty: 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Returns: Limited Allowed

This engine is made for a snow blower only, there is no air filter on this engine. 1" Shaft stepped down to 7/8"
Made for a snow blower only - there is no air filter.

Our Low Price: $175.00
1 In Stock (Subject to Prior Sale) Limited Quantity Item

ajallen

Re: I need to buy a Tecumseh 2 cycle engine but having trouble finding it...
Reply #2   Dec 10, 2007 10:48 am
You need to post the spec number of the engine so we can look it up. The family number is of no use it is for EPA crap.

AJ

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42