Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Where to buy auger belt for Craftsman snow blower model 536886120?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
wiwu

Where to buy auger belt for Craftsman snow blower model 536886120?
Original Message   Dec 9, 2007 1:20 am
The auger belt keeps slipping off from the auger pulley (the bigger one on the lower part) starting yesterday. No visible tear  and wear on the belt. Adjusting the idle pulley did not help -- after a few minitue running, the belt jumped off when the clutch was released. I had this unit for a couple of years. Is it time to replace the belt? I called Sear Parts/Service center and they told me they do not stock the belts. Where can I buy the belt?  How to replace it (I lost my manual)?
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
borat

Re: Where to buy auger belt for Craftsman snow blower model 536886120?
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2007 10:07 am
Don't buy it at Sears.  They'll charge you $20.00 for an item you can get elsewhere for $6.00.  Take your belt off and take it to a bearing supply outlet.  They usually sell belts as well.  If there's a number on the belt, you can use that instead of bringing in the belt.  The best bet though is to bring the belt with you.  No room for error if you do. 
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42