Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 2 Stage stallin' out!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
CNW6000

2 Stage stallin' out!
Original Message   Dec 7, 2007 11:17 am
I have an older Bolens Artic 55 2 stage snowblower with Tecumseh engine.  The engine stalls out when the augers hit 2" of snow.  It will run (kinda) if I hold the choke at full choke.  Any suggestions?  The plug is new, and I suspect the problem is in the carburetor somewhere.  The whole thing (upon inspection) appears pretty rusty but everything moves. 
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
niper99

Re: 2 Stage stallin' out!
Reply #1   Dec 9, 2007 4:35 am
clean carb well soak it if possible and blow out arfices with compressed air, depending on the year of ur machine your carb may be adjustable or not

if so adjust your low speed (idle control) first start 1 turn out and adjust till smooth, then adjust high speed start at 1.5 turns out 

lift rpm up while adjusting, also check your intake bolts for tightness

there also two holes on the main jet screw one you will see no problem the other is very small (sits in the top grove) make sure these hole are clear

borat

Re: 2 Stage stallin' out!
Reply #2   Dec 9, 2007 10:22 am
Go over your entire fuel system while you're at it.  Check for debris in the fuel tank and fuel line.  When you've done that plus the previous recommendations, add some Seafoam to your gas.
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42