Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Fuel dryers - isopropyl or ethanol?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
markbean

Fuel dryers - isopropyl or ethanol?
Original Message   Dec 4, 2007 7:27 pm
I recently purchased a snow thrower.  The person who delivered it recommended that I always add stabilizer and fuel dryer/antifreeze every time I fill the tank.  He made it very clear that while many are ethanol, I should use isopropyl dryers/ antifreeze.  Considering that we can have light and heavy snowfall years in central NJ, I understand why I should always add stabilizer and dryer.  One can never know if they will use up the fuel in the tank.  What I don’t understand is why isopropyl over ethanol.   While I have only shopped at two places, I have yet to find a dryer with isopropyl.  This guy also repaired engines.  Does he have a valid point and should I search longer for the isopropyl?

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42