Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Looking at purchasing snow blower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
edge

Looking at purchasing snow blower
Original Message   Dec 2, 2007 3:35 pm
I bought a used MTD last year and with my luck...the motor blew up.  Looking at costs of a new motor, I am better off going to a new unit altogether.

I have been hearing very good things about Ariens.  The local dealer recommded the 924 DLE Deluxe and said it is better than most other models in its class that are on the market except for TORO which is the leader of the pack.  Here in Ontario, winter can be fun...ie...lots and lots of snow.

Is this a good machine?  While it last?  He told me all of the housing was metal which will stand up to the elements.

Your opinions and recommendations are valued.  Looking forward to your replies.

Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
edge

ST926LE
Reply #2   Dec 2, 2007 5:59 pm
I found an amazing deal at Home Depot just after I posted.  I just picked up an Arien ST926LE.  Been trying to do some homework other than what I already  knew about the machine.  For those who own this machine, what do you think about it?

BTW..the price I paid for the Ariens was 3 times less than that of a Toro of comparible value and features....

This message was modified Dec 2, 2007 by edge
borat

Re: ST926LE
Reply #3   Dec 2, 2007 8:19 pm
edge wrote:
I found an amazing deal at Home Depot just after I posted.  I just picked up an Arien ST926LE.  Been trying to do some homework other than what I already  knew about the machine.  For those who own this machine, what do you think about it?

BTW..the price I paid for the Ariens was 3 times less than that of a Toto of comparible value and features....

That's a prime example of what I've been saying all along.  Toros are good but not THAT good.   Still, the light hasn't come on for many people who pay the big premium and get no additional value in return.  Ariens is up there with the best of them. 
RickO

Re: Looking at purchasing snow blower
Reply #4   Dec 3, 2007 9:20 am
I picked up a 924DLE last week.  The automatic differential is super.  Testing it out on concrete it maneuvers extremely well.  I have a lot turns and tighter areas to clear, and will be perfect for that.  In current models, I think the 1130DLE offers the most bang for the buck.  For only $110 more than the one I bought it adds 6" of width, a couple of horses, and the handwarmers.  Alas, the 24" wide machine is a better fit in my garage.
tsmagas

Re: Looking at purchasing snow blower
Reply #5   Dec 14, 2007 7:21 pm
If i was you I would buy a toro because the last for the longest time and eat the snow as ice for hevaey snow i know it sounds wierd but i would consider a single stage because it licks the ground and has faster moving flaps w/e you call theme i noticed that are fist storm in chicago when i got my 200e which is 18 years old and my new double stage my 200e kicked ass!!
Replies: 2 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42