Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > bad ariens or employee

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
defroster

bad ariens or employee
Original Message   Dec 1, 2007 2:35 pm
I purchased an ariens 1027le. Upon starting it up, heard grinding noises 6 or 7 times. I noticed the auger war barely turning while the impeller was turning quite fast. I went back to the dealer and questioned about auger speed and told them about noise upon starting it up, the dealer thought it needed adjustment to the cable to take slack out, showed me how to make adjustments. Adjustments could not be made as the dealer suggested, taking the bottom cover off found several interesting things. 2 roller bearings, several rivets, a couple of washers and shreds of the belts. Is this ariens quality? Took back to dealer this morning, he joked that maybe this was a friday afternoon job, or a monday morning. He started the machine up, and shredded the rest of the belts, saying something was not lined up. Did the junk parts thrown in by an employee ruin my new sno-thrower, should I have it repaired or ask for a replacement?
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
defroster

Re: bad ariens or employee
Reply #3   Dec 2, 2007 11:19 am
I read your reply and agree. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow (Monday) and request a replacement. Who knows what else could be wrong, maybe something put in the engine too. I will call Ariens too, and make them aware of what I found in the sno thrower and the damage it caused.
I don't know if I will get a replacement from the dealer, but if they are reputable I would think they would replace it, or return my money. I definatly would not buy an ariens product again.

Dale
borat

Reply #4   Dec 2, 2007 1:25 pm
Don't settle for less than a full replacement.  Dig in your heels and stand your ground. 
donjag

i've gone to find myself,if i'm here when you arrive,keep me here until i get back.

Reply #5   Dec 4, 2007 7:17 pm
buy a john deere,ariens is the "big box" crap,they dont  seem to stand behind there product.i have nothing  but good things to say about j.d. except maybe the price,but its dependable

Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42